And when the music stops
you will let go my hand
you will walk away
and will never look back,
It’s like Cinderella
I need to back to reality
it’s like a protein bar
there’s an expiration date
But what hurts the most
is when you’re gone
no one will ever believe in me
it’s just a hallucination.
If London has a double decker-bus and USA has a Cadillac car, well here in the Philippines, we are proud to introduce our local version of a limousine which is also known as Jeepney. It’s a 20-sitter (which can also be 26-sitter with the pleasing style of the barker) vehicle with an open window and a “bayanihan” style of payment. It’s been a great contribution for our country to have such an awesome vehicle like jeepney, like who hates the gay exterior design and colourful fiesta style of a jeepney
But in every good story, there’s always a “but” (according to HIMYM) which bring us to the worries we may or we may not but mostly we might encounter during our journey inside a jeepney. As an avid fan and a daily customer of a jeepney, I already listed some of the worries that sometimes or we can say most of the time but probably only sometimes I encounter inside the jeepney.
And may this list enlighten you in whatsoever kind of way with the use of such an ass opinion of mine.
1. Ola Chika
- These are the bunch of people who are either MassCom students or Kris Aquino wannabe. They always talk which refers to talking loudly that you actually be in there conversation without any permission. They also laugh which refers to the literally interpretation of laughing out loud (LOL) or rolling on the floor laughing (ROFL) or can be worse which I can’t explain anymore for safety precaution, like even you don’t want to eavesdrop on what the hell they’re talking; you always end up listening to them.
2. She Bangs; He Bangs
- At first, you can tell at their position that they are born to be a rock star and then you will realized that they just love the music where they can’t help themselves to bang their head with the beat but finally you will just pissed yourself off because they are just so sleepy and they want your shoulder to cry on, I mean to sleep on. You can’t blame them, maybe they just in deep hell of a great job and lose all their energy at work/school or maybe last night was tough for them where they didn’t get much sleep or maybe they are just born sleepy and loves to sleep.
3. Tagabit- beat
- They simply want to enjoy what they paid for, like every cent of it. They always have these giant “balikbayan” boxes or big “pangkabuhay” bags or everything that can be considered as a huge baggage that occupies almost everything on the floor, including your feet and then they pay the minimum price, like seriously? Well it wasn’t the biggie, sometimes, but when your feet feel like a prisoner in Azkaban under your chair, well it’s time to seek for justice.
4. Osya na nga Bin Laden
- I really don’t know how to put this in words but they are the kind passengers where your heartbeat will feel some abnormality and your nose will start to bleed. It will also affect your eye function and you will feel lots of terribly goose bump under your skin. They are the most dangerous passenger ever, like terrorist in disguise. They have bombs inside their body, only they only explode by air function. It will kill you slowly, not literally but it might. You will need an oxygen tank of it get worst and trust me, you will never want to have a shoulder bump to them or else, you will part of them.
The Drivers and their Jeepneys
1. The Deafening Tripper
- They are like the Ola Chika, only they are being controlled by the drivers and there’s no pause on what’s happening, unless the driver wanted to. They are music under you chairs which refers to loud music where they shoo the Ola Chikas away. They are sounds inside the jeepney which refers to raging sounds where it’s impossible to ask the driver to pull over because he can’t hear you, unless his jeepney is so fantastic, it had a rope over the ceiling as a stop sign.
2. Disco not so Wonderful
- This is the jeepney type where only blind can stay forever. It is full of lights in different colors and mirror in different sizes. It is like a disco bar on wheels, only it hurts your eyes dramatically specially when the jeepney moves abnormally shaky. It is like the most painful experience you will ever encounter where you will wish you have welding glasses.
3. Fast and Serious
- If you think Vin Diesel is awesome well think again (but he still awesome) because you have to meet the not so furious but literally dangerous jeepney drivers who always love to hit the gas on max. They always have the habit to overtake someone like they have to catch some flight or meeting of their life in a hurry. They are not deaf if they don’t stop when someone wants to get down because stopping is not really in their dictionary. They hate red lights and also the color blue which refers to MMDA officials. They are just a piece or maybe a whole pack of asshole.
4. Hopelessly Devoted To You
- If some drivers are in a hurry, well this one is not because it always stops anywhere to ask someone to take a ride like his jeepney can accommodate everyone. He stops and waits for like a couple of minutes for someone to hop in even there is no one to hope in. He helps you to gain lots of tardiness and put “inis” on the top of your list. His boring and keep on waiting, like a lover who… no way…he’s way worst than that one.
5. Pump it Up
- Probably the worst I ever encountered in my life where I don’t want to meet them anymore, not in a single chance which sounds sad because I keep on bumping and riding on their wheels. They are your enemy when you’re late, the devil on board. They always love to stop by at the gasoline station to fill their tanks up and then counts coins, COINS! to pay the gasoline boy. I so hate them where I can’t explain anything about them anymore.
But with all those I said, riding a jeepney is always awesome specially when it’s your first time. You will always feel special and might get lucky if you bump some old friend of yours, he might pay for your fare or you might to it the same way. Plus, a jeepney driver is the sweetest lover.
With one text message
all the anger went away
and I so miss you
which made me cry a little
and make me want to see you.
Pancakes, please pancakes
round fluffy topped with maple
three or more and more
a sweet good morning with love
a friend I need right now, please.
I want to be the child who can’t sleep without a bedtime stories and a glass of milk.
As I walk along the shore
my mind elevates like a water vapor
the sound of the waves
are like thoughts of crying caves,
As I left some footsteps
my heartbeat flattened like crepes
the sand of the sea
are like memories I don’t want to see,
As I say my goodbye
my feelings started to cry
the picture that afternoon
are like life that started at the moon.
I want to travel somewhere and escape my reality even for a day. I want to climb a mountain and stayed there for a while with a book, a camera and a litre of coffee. I want to enjoy the shading embrace of the huge trees with birds singing like an orchestra. I want to nurture the smell of the forest, so peaceful and priceless. I want to feel the cool breeze of the peak of the mountain, treasure the view right in front of my eyes. I want to take photographs on everything I will stumble and even take a selfie of myself, smiling even I’m alone. I want to be happy on my own and prove to myself that I deserved that happiness; I deserved to smile everyday despite of the drama I left behind.
I just wrote a whole page of words about you and the things I want to say to you but I deleted them all after I reread it. I sounded so desperate where even a homeless man will pity me. I cried as I wrote those sentences, thinking about you and the stupidity I did for myself. I kept on making myself a fool under the desperation inside me. I dig a deep grave for my own foolishness and belief that love will exist in an impossible situation. I did believe in magic when Lolo Isko told that to the youngster, but I guess I don’t belong to that kind of circle. I blame no one but myself. It was me who shacked myself to the path of death road. And until now, everything aches like a fresh wound and I don’t know what to do anymore.
It was in the midst of March when you and I went by the sea to watch the sunset. We brought cans of rootbeer and bags of chips. I brought my old walkman with my mixtape inside it, so you can hear the songs I’ve been working out for you. You brought cupcakes that your Mom made for us, she adore us very much even she only knew that we’re just very close friends. It was one of the best days of my life, looking at you as we walked together, on our way to the spot we perfectly planned was like watching my dreams come true. I can still remember how excited I am that day.
We sat somewhere quite, away from the couples who were doing something more than inappropriately kind of public display of affection. We don’t want to bother them from whatever they’re doing and at the same time, we don’t want anyone sniffing around us even we already expect some kind of that sniff. We still have an hour before the sun went down, so we chat a bit. I played the mixtape I made for you, some stuff I altered from the 80’s hits to 90’s sweets. I knew that you’re not the type of person who adores music but it makes me happy when you always try to listen to them for me. I can still remember how you close your eyes and hum along with it.
As the sun went down, we held each other’s hand and enjoyed the view. The music was still playing which made that afternoon more romantic. You looked at me, your eyes was shimmering that time. You told me that you love me and then thanked me for being at your side always. I almost cry that time; words were stuck in my lungs because of overflowing happiness. I hugged you for a couple of seconds and told you that I love you the same way. We ate the cupcakes, drunk our rootbeers and enjoyed the chips as we looked up in the night sky. I can still remember how beautiful the night was.
Five years later, here I am. You’re already away from me; maybe you’re with somebody else by now. I have no idea what’s with you today, what are the latest news about you or do your Mom still bake awesome cupcakes or do you still love rootbeers and sunsets? I don’t know but I wish I do, because until now, I can still remember you.
And yes, it was about you
the way think on how things run
it saddens me in a huge kind of luggage,
why do you have to think that way over me?
Not because I still in love you
but because you hurt me this time
and yes, words were a bit lethal nowadays
specially when you heard it from a special person,
But I wiped them away
it was a bit disappointing
which gave me a doubt of questions
but I guess I need to shut myself this time.
Nasasaktan ako sa tuwing sinasabi mong nag-iisa ka. Walang kasama. At sa tingin mo’y walang nagmamahal sa’yo nasasaktan ako kase hindi mo nakikita na lagi lang akong nandito handang magmahal sa’yo.
Pero ano ang ginagawa mo, binabalewala mo lang ako.
Ang sabihin mo, nag-iisa ka at walang nagmamahal sa’yo sapagkat sng taong minamahal mo ay may minamahal nang iba.